Saturday, October 31, 2009

Leeches! (movie #83)

This movie is really gay. Like, literally. I mean, I watched it on the gay network (LOGO,not the OTHER gay network, HERE! which typically has better movies) so I expected that, but this movie was a lot of fun for me. everyone else in the known universe seems to hate this movie, but I thought it was pretty cool. Someone actually said of this movie, "I wish they'd have taken the subject more seriously, like "Attack of the Giant Leeches."" Did you REALLY just say that you wanted this movie to take itself seriously like "Attack of the Giant Leeches" (which for those of you who don't know is one of the campiest movies of all time, was made on the cheap in order to make a buck, and definitely does NOT qualify as a serious horror masterpiece)? Do people LISTEN to themselves before they say things? And besides, did you really think a movie with an exclamation point in its title would be concerned with being a serious piece of cinema? Get a grip, people.

So anyway, this movie is about a high school coach who gives his players steroids in order to,um, enhance their performance (mind, get out of the gutter) and then the guys start getting attacked by these giant leeches who like to feed on the drug enhanced blood. So a bunch of players get...um...sucked to death (I told you to get out of the gutter!) and really there's not much else going as far as plot. The surviving guys have to figure out how to kill the leeches, with the help of their girlfriends (the guys have girlfriends,not the leeches...and since this is a gay movie looking for a gay audience, how come all the guys have girlfriends? It would make more sense for the leeches to have girlfriends, wouldn't it? Yeah...I didn't get it either). But anyway, I thought this movie was a lot of fun and it DID hearken back to "Attack of the Giant Leeches" for me, because whatever anyone says, that movie was NOT meant to be taken seriously. The rubber leeches in this movie are cool looking (especially compared to the ones in "Attack of the Giant Leeches") and they actually look like real leeches at a few points, which I appreciated. So all in all, I had a lot of fun with this movie and everyone who didn't can go screw.

No comments:

Post a Comment