Tuesday, October 27, 2009

From Dusk Till Dawn (Movie #72)

So here's the deal. This movie starts out as a story of two brothers trying to rob a place and take a hostage and escape with some money. One of the brothers is the calm,clear-headed one (relatively speaking) and the other brother is...well, he's batshit insane and you kind of never know what he's going to do. Watching them is interesting (and I don't even LIKE George Cloony) but then they take some more hostages, end up in a bar in Mexico, find out they're surrounded by vampires...and for me, everything kind of goes to shit. I thought it would be cool watching people fight vampires in a bar (I usually like watching things like this) but for me, I liked the movie better without the vampires. they look kind of hokey and silly, and they just don't do much for me. I get to watch the lovely Juliette Lewis though, so I can't complain too much. It isn't that this movie is bad, it's just that the movie seems to suffer from ADHD, and the director throws everything he can think of at us, and here's some robbing and here's some raping and here's some killing, and here's some escaping and here's some vampires and here's some more vampires...it's a little over-the-top for my tastes, and not in a good way, in a "wow, this movie doesn't know when to shut up" way. I still like i t though...I just find myself liking it less and less as time goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment