Saturday, October 31, 2009

I Still Know what You Did Last Summer (movie #93)

Of all the slasher sequels I've seen, this one has some of the most ridiculous twists. Watching it, I think "wow, if these college students had known more about geography, this movie would never have happened." It's not that I expect everything in this movie to be totally realistic, but of all the slasher movies I've ever seen,I think this one takes itself so seriously that every silly thing that happens is more glaring as a result. The original "I Know What You Did Last Summer" was silly at a few points, but nowhere near the level of ridiculousness that this movie reaches. Nevertheless, this movie has a spooky island setting, and some cool kill scenes, so I can forgive anything dumb that happens along the way. Julie and her college roommate win a trip to a secluded island resort, but the killer from the original movie is up to his old habits (yeah,I thought he died, too, but you know these killer can never die in movies like this). Soon they are running and trying to survive,and then there's a twist at the end that makes everything about ten times more stupid. Poo on stupid ending twists. But yay for killers rampaging in secluded hotels.

No comments:

Post a Comment