Tuesday, October 27, 2020

2020 October Horror Challenge #90: "Replica (2005)"

 





This movie was made by the same guy who made the movie "Birdemic: Shock and Terror." In case you can't tell from that awesome title, that movie is TERRIBLE. I mean REALLY bad. Like so bad even the Rifftrax commentary can't save it. I still wanted to stab myself in the face. So why am I willingly watching ANOTHER movie made by this guy? I'm a glutton for punishment. Plus I have a hard time believing anything could be worse than Birdemic (and God laughs, right?) Also, I'm hoping the Rifftrax guys can make this movie at least a little bit fun to watch.

This movie is about a guy who gets a kidney transplant and becomes obsessed with the technology that harvests and transplants cloned organs. And...yeah, there's lots of boring shots of  driving around and walking and none of the actors sound even remotely sincere. It pretty much sucks, just like Birdemic.  There is one great line in the commentary:

"They're cloning organs after a year? Facebook took five years to come up with the poke button." 

But since the movie is so horrible, there's nothing much they can do. It's ok Rifftrax guys, you tried. I still love you. But I hate this movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment