Saturday, October 17, 2020

2020 October Horror Challenge #58: "Tormented (MST3K)"

 



I started watching this movie, and about 20 minutes in I realized that I've seen it before, both on its own and in the MST3K version, but I actually like this movie, so I don't mind watching it again. It's about a guy who's cheating on his fiance with another woman, and they meet up at his creepy lighthouse on the beach to have sex, but he tries to break up with her and they fight and she ends up falling to her death. He tries to pretend she never existed, but her ghost shows up making his life hell.

I don't know who thinks it's a good idea to have sex at a creepy lighthouse, but they probably deserve to fall to their deaths, and the guy definitely deserves to have his life ruined. The woman he's planning to marry certainly deserves better. I like stories where people who do bad things get what they deserve in the end, so I dig this movie. This is my favorite libe from the MST3K commentary:

"Hey, her swimsuit looks like it's made out of S&H Green stamps."

I use that line all the time (yes, I know I'm a nerd and I always laugh at the jokes no one else finds funny...it figures, since I also like the movies no one else likes). 

No comments:

Post a Comment