Tuesday, October 20, 2020

2020 October Horror Challenge #67: "Retro Puppet Master (Rifftrax)"

 




I know I've seen this movie before. It looked familiar to me right off the bat, but I only remembered certain scenes (welcome to old age). I have watched most of the Puppet Master movies, and I know I enjoyed this one (really,  it's not that bad, especially if you've seen the first two movies, they actually get better from there) but I was ready to hear some great snarky commentary from the Rifftrax guys. 

This movie is about an old man (the puppwt master) telling his puppets the story of how he came to be their master (wouldn't they already know that?) It's a prequel to the Puppet Master series, and we see how he got his powers and made his puppets come alive. Everyone speaks in really bad French accents, and it's hilarious. Bring on the snark! Here are some of my favorite quips:

"Sounds like the Danny Elfman score to a Tim Burton movie threw up on the Danny Elfman score to ANOTHER Tim Burton movie." 

"Retro puppetmaster masters puppets while wearing a porkpie hat and listening to music on cassette tape."

"I don't know how TinTin is going to get out of this one without it ending in bloodshed."

"He's even able to cough unconvincingly. Now THAT'S bad acting."

"It's Judge Doom and his brother...Bailiff Doom!"

"They killed him with a soap opera dream sequence effect!"

"This is like watching a remake of Trainspotting with an all-puppet cast."

"This is why you put the vengeful spirits of your murdered friends into something taller than a roomba."

"I hope a possessed puppet saws your wang off you big bully."

"As the weirdly romantic music fades us out of this murdering puppet movie, we'll bid you goodbye."

Funtimes were had by all.

No comments:

Post a Comment