Sunday, October 11, 2020

2020 October Horror Challenge #39: "The Crawling Hand"

 




When I was a kid I was obsessed with horror movies,  so I wanted to see every horror movie I heard about, so I wanted to see this movie, but I never got around to it. Of course, as I grew up, I realized that some movies I wanted to see as a kid were good, and then some were...less good. This one appears to be of that latter group, pretty terrible,  so it's best to watch those in the Mystery Science Theater 3000 versions, so even if they are horrible they will be enjoyable because of the sbarky commentary.

This movie is about an astronaut who dies under nefarious circumstances,  and then his hand comes back from the grave to strangle the living. A medical student discovers the hand, while the government is searching for it, and basically the medical student releases the hand upon the unsuspecting populace. Thanks a lot, jerk.

So the government is aware that this scientist is lost in space, that he somehow figured out a way to survive without air (which indicates he has some kind of weird space powers) and then they just...lose track of him?  So he crash lands back on earth on the beach, and his hand is discovered by a science student, who takes the hand back with him so he can study it, but it starts killing people? Everyone in this movie is an idiot.

The plot honestly sounds good, which is why I wanted to watch this movie back in the day, but in reality the axtual, movie drags a lot and is way more boring than it should be. It's a cool idea that sadly never really came together. Luckily the MST3K commentary saves it from being deathly boring. 


1 comment:

  1. (This is Carrie)

    The overacting in it from the young guy too... UGH! I think he thought he was a Marlon Brando or James Dean... so cheesy!
    And those two stupid EMT's at the end!!

    ReplyDelete