Monday, October 2, 2017

October Horror Challenge 2017 #7 "Tales of Halloween"



I've loved anthology horror movies ever since I was a kid, reading the old E.C. horror comics that were reissued in the 90s, filling my head with gruesome little images from "Tales from the Crypt" and "The Haunt of Fear." Most of the movies follow s similar format, with one main story connecting everything, and several shorter horror stories woven in with the main story. Funtimes! Scary stories to tell in the dark, and all that. I still love sitting around with friends, telling ghost stories, and these movies remind me of how much fun it is.

This movie is a fun little flick with a throwback feel. It's got Adrienne Barbeau (from one of the greatest anthology horror movies, "Creepshow") playing a DJ on the radio one Halloween night, connecting all the little stories. As for the stories themselves, there are ten little creepy, gory tales in this movie, with fun little nasty surprises like a ghoul that steals Halloween candy. I would have totally loved this when I was a kid, but I still dig it now.

Of course, not all the stories can be good, but a lot of them are. One in particular with some nasty little trick-or-treaters is my favorite. All in all, this movie isn't perfect, but it was still gory and fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment