Thursday, October 5, 2017

October Horror Challenge 2017 #20: "Breeders"



I remember seeing this movie cover in video stores when I was a kid and wanting to see it because it looked so cool. There's a woman's face splitting open and some kind of icky monster bursting out. Looks really cool, doesn't it? Of course with so many horror movies to get through, some keep getting pushed onto the back burner, so I kinda forgot about this movie until I saw it on Amazon recently and that rekindled my interest. It looked like horrible, schlocky fun, so I decided to give it a try.

This is clearly an example of 80s horror. Cheesy synthesizer music, bad but tolerable acting, copious gore, silly monster effects, a five minute sequence where the action totally stops and we get to watch a model do naked aerobics set to 80s music. Sounds like a dream come true, right?

The movie is about some otherworldly creatures that seek out virgin women so they can impregnate them and spread their race. Mean ass fucking things. The police and the doctor working with them think it's a regular everyday rapist, until the body count rides and it becomes clear that something else is going on. This movie has all of my favorite things: good gore (we get to see s guy get ripped apart from the inside!) blissfully gratuitous nudity, and a fun, cheesy 80s vibe that makes the movie a lot of fun. Ten year old me would be ecstatic!

No comments:

Post a Comment