Friday, October 6, 2017

October Horror Challenge 2017 #23: "The Mutilator"



Continuing what seems to be the theme today of watching movies that I've wanted to see for awhile. This is a movie I've been hearing about for years and I'm glad I finally get to check it out. You all might know how much I love slashers (by far my favorite subgenre of horrir movies) so I'm always up for a good slasher, and this one seems to have a cool backstory. After a horrible accident with a gun when he was a kid, a college student Taking a Fall break vacation with his friends is stalked by an angry killer looking for revenge. Damn people always holding grudges.

Apparently this movie was called "Fall Break" at one point, because that's what the opening credits say (classy work everyone, you change the name of the movie but forget to change the title card...it's hard to find good help these days). The movie even comes equipped with its own theme song, complete with lyrics written especially for this movie. Ugh. Movies with their own theme songs tend to be horrible. Plus what is this "Fall break" bullshit? We had winter break and spring break, but no fall break when I was in college. I feel cheated. I want the chance to be stalked by a crazed killer on fall break, too!

Despite the silliness, I had a lot of fun with this movie. I love me a good slasher. It's fun seeing the college kids get stalked and killed in bloody ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment