Sunday, October 22, 2017

October Horror Challenge 2017 #68: "Hillbillies in a Haunted House (Rifftrax)"



This movie is pretty ridiculous. I don't think I would have found it funny even when I was a kid. Luckily the snarky commentary made it bearable. I was going to compare it to "The Ghost and Mr. Chicken," which is a movie that I actually liked from my childhood, but I think this movie only WISHES it could be as cool as "The Ghost and Mr. Chicken." That movie had some similar themes to this one, namely silly variety show stars encountering ghostly activity that was set up in a house in order to scare people for some nefarious purpose, but that movie has Don Knotts, so the acting is ten million times better than it is here, and it's just all around more fun than this. Poo on you, Hillbillies, you overlong Hee-Haw sketch of a movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment