Friday, October 20, 2017

October Horror Challenge 2017 #63: "What We Do in the Shadows"



Since the last movie wound up being so good, I figured I might as well check out this other movie that everyone else said was good. This is a movie that lots of people raved about, so of course it went on my list, as do all new horror movies that people actually like. That doesn't happen as often as you'd think. Horror fans are picky and crabby and tend to complain about new horror movies more often than they like them. Let's see if I agree with most horror fans and I like this movie (or if I'm the picky, crabby one here).

So this is a horror comedy (and you all know how leery I am of those, because they're more often stupid than funny). It's about a group of vampires who share a flat together in modern times. A documentary crew follows them around and captures footage and interviews with them detailing what their lives are like. Honestly, just typing that description I think it sounds pretty fucking stupid, so I'm really not holding out too much hope for this movie. Here's hoping, though.

The vampires themselves are funny. Three of them look mostly normal and human like, but one is a creepy Nosferatu looking guy, so that amused me. Plus there were a few jokes here and there that made me laugh. Just the idea of a film crew following a group of vampires around talking with them like luring people in and drinking their blood is normal is kinda funny. Overall though, I found this movie more annoying than funny. I really wanted to like it, but I spent most of the movie wondering when it was finally going to be over with, and it's not even that long. Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment