Friday, October 20, 2023

October Horror Challenge #70 "Ready or Not (2019)"

So one day my friend Courtney asked me if I'd seen the movie "Ready or Not," because it was a horror movie and she knows how much I love horror movies. I avoid spoilers like the plague, so she didn't tell me anything about the plot of the movie, but she said it was really gory and not the kind of movie she'd usually watch, but she really liked it. Unfortunately for us, video stores have gone the way of all the earth and they're not around anymore, so there's no place around where you can browse a bunch of movies and rent one, but yay for the library because it has stepped up to fill that void by having a bunch of movies available to check out for your viewing pleasure, and lucky for me, they had "Ready or Not," so I checked it out of the library to watch it today. I'm stoked to see how it is.

This movie is about a newly married couple who visit the groom'sfamily on their wedding night. This is no ordinary family visit, however. You see, this family is rich, and i mean the kind of filthy, stinking rich that makes people think they can get away with anything, and they have some very warped and twisted traditions. Soon, The new bride found herself hiding in terror as her new family goes batshit crazy around her. You see, this family likes to play games, and not just any games, but these games are especially sadistic and deadly. Soon the bride is fighting for her life. Will she be able to survive the night or will her in-laws succeed in their evil plan?

This movie isn't as gory as i expected it to be. Courtney said it was gory, and she said i would know what scene i was talking about when i saw it, so i spent the whole movie watching for something really gory to happen. I'm glad this movie has more to offer than just the gore though. The story is interesting, and it fits into how i feel about rich people (I mean excessively rich people who only really care avbout their money, i know not every rich person is like this). At least I'd HOPE not every rich person is like this. There may not be a ton of gore, but there are some pretty brutal deaths. Someone gets crushed, someone gets shot in the hand, someone else gets shot in the face, all bloody hell breaks loose. I finallygot to the part my friend Courtney was talking about, and it is gory, but i still think the Saw movies were more brutal, as far as that goes. This is a really good movie, though, and you should watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment