Wednesday, October 11, 2023

October Horror Challenge 2023 #42: "The 50 Best Horror Movies You've Never Seen"

I wonder how many of these are going to be movies i haven't seen? I love horror, and i watch a lot of horror movies, so ive seen a lot of horror movies and i like watching these "list" documentaries where people talk about different horror movies and why you should watch them, but when a documentary has a title like "movies you've never seen," I expect there to be at least a few I've never seen, and so far I've seen all of the movies on this list. Don't get me wrong, they're good movies and I agree with the accolades they get in this film, but i was kind of let down when they started listing the movies and I'd seen all of them.

Finally at #44 we had a movie I haven't seen, "The Hunger." I need to get on that. Again at #33 there's a movie I haven't seen with "Lemora: a Child's Tale of the Supernatural." I've wanted to see it for years but I haven't made it yet. Again at 16 we hit a movie I've never seen called "Visiting Hours." That one I haven't really heard much about, so I have to give it a watch soon. Right away after that there's another movie I haven't seen at #15 with "Alone with Her." That one sounds really good, actually, so I definitely need to watch it. It's kinda like "Paranormal Activity" but with a crazy stalker instead of demons. At #12 we find this little movie called "Joshua," which I've heard about but never seen. Creepy kid movies are usually pretty good for me. Number 11 is a movie that's really hard to track down because it's a TV movie. It's called "Don't be Afraid of the Dark," and I have seen the remake, but I haven't seen the original. I hope I can see it soon somehow. It will be really hard for me to track down sine it's made for TV, but I need to at least try. Number five is "Alone in the Dark" which I've been wanting to see for years. I need to get on that, because it looks good. At number three on this list, they mention"The Beast Within," which soundslike a classic 80s horror movie that I still need to see.

That's it though for movies I haven't seen from this list. I've seen the majority of the movies on the list. The summaries of the movies that they give are full of spoilers. It's hard to review movies without giving everything away, as we've seen with my reviews, but I still try to talk about movies without spoiling everything that happens, and this documentary gives away too much for my taste. Couple that with the fact that I've only not seen seven of the movies on this list, and also noting that these movies aren't that rare but are mostly well-recognized classics, and this documentary was kind of disappointing for me. I had hoped to find more niche or cult films, not ones like "Reanimator" that everyone has seen. This would be a good movie to watch for someone who doesn't know much about horror, because there are some goodies on here, but for a dedicated horror fan, there's not going to be much you haven't seen before.

No comments:

Post a Comment