Monday, October 9, 2023

October Horror Challenge 2023 #38 "The Invisible Man"

Of all the Universal Pictures monster movies, this one is the one I know the least about. I know I've watched it before for this challenge, but I can't really recall any details from it. It just doesn't stick in my mindlike other movies do. I'll try to remember more about it this time.

A scientist is performingexperiments with dangerouschemicals and deadly drugs. He finally succeeds in his research, and i don't think I'm spoiling anything by telling you that he turns himself invisible (it's right there in the title, y'all) and i don'tknow if the chemicals screwed up his brain or if he was a jerk before, but he's a huge douchebag now. He wasworking on an antidote (you mean you made a potion to turnyourself invisible and then you tested it on yourself before you even had an antidote ready?!?!) He starts to realize the power he has as an invisible man, the things he can get away with, and the hugeamount of money people will be willing to pay for his potion. Soon he'sassaulting and killing people left and right. Will the woman he loves be able to save him or will he continuehis reign of terror uncontested?

Damn, the Invisible man is a jerk. And apparently he was born in a barn (he walks into a bar at the beginning of the movie in a snowstorm and he just leaves the door wide open). He also likes to snap at people and order them around.Just in the first few minutes of the movie. I've decided that I don't like him. This woman, Flora, loves him though, or at least she loves the person he was before he went insane, but something tells me she was in love with the person she thought he was, and he was always an asshole. He doesn't do much in this movie except yell at people, beat them up, torment them, and kill them. I think that's why this movie doesn't stick in my mind. Not much happens. In the end, it's ok, but it not as good as the other Universal monster movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment