Sunday, October 1, 2023

October Horror Challenge #2: "Paranormal Activity "

This is the first movie in the series, where it all began, and it still holds up after all this time. Micah and Katie are very likeable and they still managed to draw me into the story, even if I knew what was going to happen to them in the end.I still like how in this movie the Paranormal psychic therapist type guy comes to give answers and help out, but that he doesn't stick around and sacrifice himself for the good of the whole or something, he just nopes the hell out of the situation and protects himself. Little touches like that make the movie seem even more realistic since they go against what usually happens in these kind of movies. It was interesting revisiting thos movie again. I watched it last year too, but this time I'm planning to follow it with the other movies in the series, so we shall see how that affects my view of the movies. For now I appreciate this as the cultural milestone that it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment