Monday, October 2, 2017

October Horror Challenge 2017 #8: "We Are Not Alone (2016)"



This is a simple little movie with a familiar plot (family moves into new home, creepy things start happening, family seeks spiritual help to fight whatever's haunting their house). I've seen it many times, but it still works, and if it ain't broke, don't fix it, right?

The movie doesn't break any new ground, but the family are likeable people, and I especially love the daughter, Sophia. I would have been ecstatic to live in a haunted house when I was a kid, so I can relate to her initial excitement replaced by fear when the presence in the house reveals it's not-so-nice nature. Plus, as with most of these movies, the kid is smarter than the parents and figures out what's going on before they do (because grown ups are far too sophisticated to believe in ghosts, duh). Like "The Orphanage," this movie is in Spanish, but is simple enough to follow even if you miss some subtitles along the way (which is good for when I have a headache and don't feel like "reading" my movie). All in all, this is a story we've all heard before, but it was well done, so it was still spooky fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment