Monday, October 10, 2011

2011 October Horror Movie Challenge Movie 29: Something Wicked this way Comes



This is another movie I've wanted to see since I was a kid but my mom would never let me, so I bought the DVD with great anticipation. Unlike other movies I could name (I'm looking at YOU, "Watcher in the Woods") this movie actually lived up to my expectations. Good old Ray Bradbury. He never lets me down.

I'm sure you've heard the story of this movie, based on one of Bradbury's most famous books: A carnival comes to a small town, and the owner promises the residents everything their hearts desire, but these desires come at a high price (hello "Needful things," is that you?) It's a familiar story, but the results are quite creepy and the child actors do a great job making the story come alive in this movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment