Monday, October 10, 2011

2011 October Horror Movie Challenge Movie 27: Jumanji



So...why is this movie included in a horror movie challenge? That's a good question. I have another good question. How come an evil board game equals a horror movie plot in "Witchboard" but not in "Jumanji"? How come a bunch of kids working to stop an ancient evil is a horror movie plot in "Something wicked This Way Comes" and in "It," but not in "Jumanji"? How come a game that entices you to play so it can suck you in and kill you is a horror movie plot in "Stay Alive" but not in "Jumanji"? It's been years since I saw this movie, but I considered it a horror movie for the preteen set back then, and I still consider it that way now, and if you don't agree, that's fine, but the verbal acrobatics people have to perform to explain why "Jumanji" ISN'T a horror movie when it has so many of the elements that other horror movies have are amusing to me.

It makes me happy that this movie was just as good as I'd remembered. Creepy giant spiders, evil hunters who stalk and kill you, giant insects, rampaging jungle animals wreaking havoc in a small town...nope, nothing horrific about that. *rolls eyes*

No comments:

Post a Comment