Monday, October 28, 2019

October Horror Challenge 2019 #78: "Sidehackers"



I blame Michael Pataki for me watching this movie. Amazon has lots of obscure little grindhouse flicks floating around for Halloween this year, but I picked this one specifically because Michael Pataki was in it and I've seen a lot of his other movies. This one is...perhaps not his best.

The movie is supposed to be about sidehackers, motorcycle racers who sit in a sidecar and help the main driver steer during a race. Really, though, it's about two racers who start out competing against each other in races, then start hating each other so much they start coming after each other in real life. Their feud eventually turns violent and deadly.

The fight scenes are cool, but the rest of 4th he movie is painfully boring,  even the motorcycle race scenes, and I don't know how they managed to make those boring. Plus there's a romantic subplot that gives one of the bikers a motive for revenge, but the characters aren't drawn very well, so it was hard for me to care much about it.

Michael Pataki is a pretty good actor normally, but he's really over the top in this movie. I totally want to give away the ending of the movie, because it's actually pretty cool, but I won't spoil it since it's definitely the best part of the movie and pretty much the only redeeming value the movie has.



No comments:

Post a Comment