Thursday, October 10, 2019

October Horror Challenge 2019 #32: "Pod People"



I knew I'd seen this movie before when they first showed the alien monster and I knew I'd seen that stupid thing before. It looks like a cross between Chewbacca and Sunnfleupagus. Seriously. Apparently, according to this poster, it was aimed at kids, which makes more sense now that I know this. That still doesn't excuse it being terrible though. It's possible to make a horror movie for kids and still make it good.

This movie is about aliens that land on earth and lay their eggs, then a little kid finds an egg and brings it home with him, and some poachers stumble across the mama alien, and she gets pissed and kills them (at least I think she kills them, that part is unclear). Some members if a college rock band are on a camping trip in the woods, and they run afoul of the aliens too (that part is unclear too though; it looks like one of the girls trips and falls off a cliff, but later on they say her wounds look the same as the alien's victims, so I don't know).

The movie is pretty silly, if you hadn't already guessed, and the special effects are hilarious (but not in a good way). The characters all act like they don't like each other, and none of them seem to be terribly upset to be surround themselves d by all this death. I don't know, I mostly feel stupid for watching this movie not once but twice now. Jeesh.


No comments:

Post a Comment