Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Night Watch (movie #16)

There are a lot of movies named "Night Watch," or variations on that title. This is none of these. Were it not for the review on IMDB, I would come close to believing that I'm the only one who's ever seen this movie. Click here if you want to read about the movie I'm actually talking about. I'm not sure exactly why Video City has this classified as a horror movie, but it's not something I'd call horror...of course, after the excruciating experience of sitting through it, I'm damn sure counting it for this challenge.

This movie is about Victor, a young street hustler who is homeless, and the entire movie is about him trying to survive the night. I can see frightening elements to this movie, but it was so disjointed it couldn't decide what it was trying to be. I get the feeling that the movie is trying to tell us that life is often random and disjointed, but I think we all know that without having to watch a movie about it. FAIL.

There's a scene where Victor is hit by a car, and a lot of scenes that suggest he is afraid of the night and waiting for the day, and those aren't bad. There's also a sex scene which isn't bad. It's a shame that these never tie together into a movie that's worth watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment