Saturday, October 10, 2009

Laid to Rest (movie #24)

Wow, was this ever a surprise. It's funny, because I feel like I can't tell anyone what this movie was about, because the synopsis makes it sound like shit. I'm serious, every individual element of this movie makes it sound like it's going to be crap,but then they put all these elements together and managed to come up with a movie that was really good. I don't know how they did it, but I'm impressed.

First of all, the main character is a woman we don't really get to know at all throughout the course of the movie. She doesn't remember anything about herself, so we don't know her either. Second, she's being stalked by a killer who has a penchant for technology and uses high-tech gadgets when stalking his prey (like a car that reminds me of the one in "Knight Rider," for instance). Second, this is one of those low-budget movies that doesn't cater to Hollywood standards, which means any character can die at any time, and they kill off a lot of people I liked, which pissed me right the fuck off. The movie is also low-budget, but the kills don't look it, they're one of the best parts of the movie. Very impressive gore. Also, the movie has a bunch of unknown actors, but the acting is good. No one walks around sounding like a robot because they can't deliver their lines, which is unusual for a movie like this.

I can't believe how much I liked this movie. Seriously. After reading the synopsis, I only watched it because it comes so highly recommended, and wow, now I understand why.

No comments:

Post a Comment