Monday, April 12, 2010

Two Weeks Notice



Here's the deal about this movie. I've watched it about a hundred times or so, so I think I can qualify as fairly well-versed on the subject, an while I admit I love the movie, I must agree with people who complain that Sandra Bullock and Hugh Grant don't seem to have much sexual chemistry in this movie. Don't get me wrong, they have CHEMISTRY. I love watching them banter back and forth and I totally believe their grudging friendship with and respect for each other...I just don't buy the whole kiss at the end and the whole OMG ROMANTIC LOVE thing. I don't know what it is. It just feels a little odd...off somehow. But that doesn't dampen my enjoyment of the movie any.

In this movie, Sandra Bullock plays a lawyer who attempts to do good and crusade against a rich real estate tycoon who's never really grown up. He is so taken with her passion that he offers her a job, much to her chagrin, and she accepts, attempting to do some good from inside the evil, soulless corporation. Things don't go as planned, of course, and Bullock quits her job, giving two weeks notice for her boss to find a replacement. They realize they're in love (or something) and everything follows the typical romantic comedy track that we all know and love
(or hate, or love to hate, as I often do).

The movie is fairly predictable as to its plot elements. as with every movie like this, God is in the details. What makes this movie worth watching in spite of its flaws are the lead actors. Sandra Bullock is great in anything she's in, and this movie is no exception. Hugh Grant is great as the ridiculously immature millionaire who is more like a 12 year old in an adult male body. Watching him learn to have a heart and watching Sandra Bullock's character learn to back off and live a little makes this movie eminently re-watchable for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment