Monday, April 19, 2010

Date Night (April 19, 2010)



I'm so glad I got to see this movie today. I was standing in line to see "The Last Song," but there were technical difficulties, so I went with this one instead, and let's face it, I'd be sitting in the corner slitting my wrists if I saw "The Last Song." I love the guy to pieces, but Nicholas Sparks isn't much for happy endings, and the barrel of laughs I got with this movie is exactly what I needed to cheer me up today.

First off, I have to say, Steve Carell gets better with every movie he makes. Seriously. I'm one of THOSE PEOPLE, so I actually LIKED "Evan Almighty" and I LOVED "Get Smart," and I thought nothing could top that, but I might even like this movie more, which is quite an achievement. And of course I ADORE Tina Fey and I'll watch anything with her in it, so this movie was a treat for me right off the bat.

I also got to see, oh, about every actor in the universe stop by. Seriously, this movie had Tariji P. Henson, Jimmi Simpson, Mila Kunis, James Franco, Mark Wahlberg, and several other people in it, and I kept going "Hey! It's that guy" or "Hey! It's her!" Now these names might not all register, but if you watch this movie you'll know that you know all these people from SOMEWHERE, because the supporting cast here is character actor city, and I'm a movie geek, so I was in HEAVEN.

I can't give anything else away because I don't want to spoil it, but trust me, I nearly fell out of my chair laughing on more than one occasion, and then I nearly cried at the end because it's so sweet, so the movie is well-rounded and I highly recommend it to just about everyone who loves to have a good time at the movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment