Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Diary of a Mad Black Woman (April 27, 2010)



Again with the Tyler Perry movies, Lillian? Really? Yes, really. I happen to love Tyler Perry's movies and I know I'm not in the minority because they always make a lot of money. I just appear to be among the minority of REVIEWS who like his movies. No matter, I enjoy them anyway. This one stars Kimberly Elise (who I love) as a faithful, longsuffering wife whose complete jackass of a husband dumps her after 18 years to take up with his mistress. She suffers but makes it through, even finding new love with an almost too perfect man played by Shemar Moore, when tragedy strikes and she's forced to confront her ex husband and see if she can forgive him and let got of the past. I'm a sucker for movies like this, and I enjoyed this one. I know that redemption is a hard road, so I like watching movies where characters find redemption because they give me hope that it's still possible, plus I like all the actors here. All the characters, too (even Medea is starting to grow on me). I enjoyed this movie a lot. Bring on more Tyler Perry!

No comments:

Post a Comment