Friday, October 19, 2018

October Horror Challenge 2018 #52: "Apartment 212"



Isn't this movie cover cool? Seriously,  I love it. It's the coolest thing about this movie. Amazon recommended this movie to me a bunch of times, so I finally decided to check it out today, and I didn't even really look at the movie cover until I looked it up so I could write this review, and wow, it is so awesome. Love the tagline, too. Eat, prey, love, haha!

This movie is about a woman named Jennywho just left an abusive marriage and got herself a new apartment. Soon after she moves in, though, strange things start happening. She has a neighbor who seems to be in an abusive relationship as well, and after something horrible happens, Jenny starts to have trouble sleeping and something seems to be attacking her in her sleep. Does she have bedbugs, or is something more sinister going on?

This movie really resonates with me. I've lived in some run-down places, and bedbug infestations aren't anything to scoff at, those little bugs leave painful bites, and they're hard to get rid of once they show up. I also really hate Jenny's ex, and I want to puke on his face. He's a police officer, and his arrogance and how he uses the law to control and hurt Jenny iz infuriating.

This movie reminded me a little of "Don't Be Afraid of the Dark," another low-budget horror movie about a woman who seems to be attacked by evil things in her own home
 I liked the remake of that movie, too, even though pretty much everyone else hated it, and I liked how this one tackled similar themes of women being besieged by evil and trying to fight it. This movie isn't perfect, but I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. The movie is as cool as the cover makes it out to be, for once. Nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment