Monday, October 3, 2011

2011 October Horror Movie Challenge Movie 8: The Haunting of Molly Hartley



I don't k now why everyone had such a bug up their ass about this movie when it came out. Yes, it features a cast of recognizable teen stars and yeah, it's horror-lite aimed at a younger generation, but so what? If you don't like it, don't watch it. I got a lot of shit for wanting to see this movie, but I happen to like teen horror movies like this that I can maybe watch with my kids someday because they're not as hardcore and balls-to-the-wall as the other movies I've watched for this challenge. This is a story about a troubled teenage girl who has secrets in her past that could hurt her and everyone around her if she doesn't figure out what's going on and how to put a stop to it. Something supernatural is going on, and I enjoyed watching the mystery unfold. It was fun. I dug it. Not every movie has to be buckets of blood and gore to be considered a horror movie, ok? I love watching people get ripped apart as much as the next gal, but more psychological, quiet scares like the ones in this movie are fun for me, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment