Thursday, October 6, 2011

2011 October Horror Movie Challenge Movie 18: Chromeskull: Laid to Rest II



Here's the thing about this movie. I watched the original two years ago as part of my Halloween challenge back then, and for about the first ten minutes I questioned the sanity of everyone who recommended it to me, but after that I just got sucked in so no matter how weird it was, I was hooked and I loved it. Weird but creepy and original looking killer, lots of gore, a fast pace that kept me on the edge of my seat, and not too long to overstay its welcome even though it raised a lot of questions and didn't answer any of them. I had high hopes for this sequel since everyone seemed to love it too, and I'm glad to say it didn't disappoint me. It pissed me off because this movie raises more questions than it answers AGAIN, but the gore was cook, the killer was creepy, the acting was good, the pace was fast again so it left me reeling but didn't drag on enough to become tedious, and I'm anxiously awaiting the third movie now. My only qualm is that now the movie has left so many questions unanswered, it had damn well better answer some of them soon or else it will fizzle out and not wrap up with a bang. That would be the biggest insult of all, now that it has captured my attention. but I'll give the filmmakers a chance to let their story unfold. There's enough gore and creepy kills to keep my interest in this franchise. Let's hope for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment