Saturday, September 1, 2012

The Illusionist


This was one of those movies I didn't get to see right away when it came out, so everyone and their fucking brother tried ruining the entire plot of the movie for me by telling me every single thing that happened, so I flipped my shit and threatened to stab anyone who ruined even one plot point for me, and then I terrified most people into shutting up, so I didn't have to worry about having the movie spoiled for me, so I got complacent and waited a million years to actually watch the movie. By the time I finally watched it, people had built it up to me that there was this big huge twist and I would never ever guess it, so at first I didn't enjoy the movie that much, but once I got over that, it was a very cool movie. Take my advice and ignore everyone's rambling. The truth is that the "big twist" is actually pretty easy to guess if you watch a lot of movies, so don't worry about that and just enjoy the movie for what it is. It's got beautiful cinematography, great acting, and a romance that is actually romantic and engaging and fun to watch. When did we become so obsessed with getting to "the twist" that we forgot that there's a whole movie surrounding the twist, and that the entire story is important, not just that five minute "big reveal" at the end?

No comments:

Post a Comment