Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Tuesday, February 2: "Finding Nemo"

My Disney obsession continues with what I believe to be the best of the Disney/Pixar movies, "Finding Nemo." I just love this story. The visuals are gorgeous here. I love the ocean and the fish and the other sea creatures on display. I almost wish I could catch this movie in theaters just to see it on a big screen because I bet it's spectacular. But I love the story here, too. Marlin is an overprotective father whose young son Nemo rebels against his dad and soon disappears, leaving Marlin to go on a quest to find him. Along the way, Marlin meets lots of cool sea creatures and Nemo meets some friends of his own, a motley crew of aquarium fish.

This movie has a lot of the timeless Disney elements that I love so much. The humor can be enjoyed by both kids and adults (I was laughing out loud more than once) and the strong themes of family love and parental responsibility were touching. It's hard to learn to let your kids go and live their own lives, and I sympathized with poor Marlin as he had to learn this lesson in a way that was even harder than what most parents have to go through.

This movie was fun, funny, and touching (I cried a few times...shut up) and I loved it to pieces. Everyone should see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment