Wednesday, October 1, 2014

October Horror Challenge #3 "Absence"

This is one of those movies that I really like discovering during the horror challenge, a little independent movie that I might not otherwise have heard of, but gave a chance because I'm trying to cram an ungodly number of horror movies into my life this month.  This movie is about a married couple who are expecting their first child, and they are plunged into a nightmare when the nearly full-term pregnancy just disappears into thin air.  Police investigate it as a case of a missing child, doctors think the woman must have aborted the baby and is lying about it, and no one believes her story that the baby just vanished one day and she has no idea what happened.  The characters are likable, and while I guessed what was going on, it was still cool to see it play out.  I like found footage type movies like this, too, so all in all I really enjoyed this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment