Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Tuesday, January 12, 2010: Oliver & Company

This was one of my favorite Disney movies from the first time I saw it. "Oliver Twist" was one of my favorite stories when I was a kid, so of course I gobbled this movie up because it adapted a lot of elements from the Dickens story, plus it had a cute little kitten and some cute dogs. I loved animals, too, so I was sold. When I started building up my Disney movie collection last year, this is one of the first movies I picked up, and I'm happy to see that it's just as much fun as I remember.

I actually teared up a little at the beginning. I hate to see stray kittens get hurt or mistreated. I rescued my cat from being a stray, so I have a soft spot for strays. I tried to cuddle her while these scenes were onscreen, but she was trying to sleep, so she wasn't very receptive to my love. I even found that I liked the opening song of the movie, especially the part that says "Keep your dream alive, dreaming's still how the strong survive, once upon a time in New York City." I love it. That would fit right into RENT, don't you think?

I am a geek.

Anyway, the song "Savoir Faire" is great too, and it's still worth the price of admission here (it's still stuck in my head while I write this) and I still love seeing how the characters stick up for each other and fight for each other (plus this was back when Disney villains were still allowed to be evil and die, which makes the whole "good and evil" idea more prevalent). This was a fun little movie and I'm glad to have it in my collection again. It's just what I needed on this dreary day.

No comments:

Post a Comment