Thursday, February 29, 2024

I Get the Joy of Rediscovering You

So I got to watch a Taylor Swift tribute concert this past Saturday and it was pretty awesome, but the best part was what I got to see that other people had to miss because they didn't even know it was happening right in front of them.

So I went to the concert with my friend Katelynn, and because we were going that meant that her brother Mayson had to go too. Mayson is not a Taylor Swift fan, so he wasn't enthused about having to go to the concert at all. The show started and Mayson was sitting off to my right kinda rolling his eyes at all the crazy fans dancing in the aisles, but as time went on he got up and went down to the stage and started getting into the music and dancing along with the band who were all in, jumping up and down, dancing with us crazy fans and having a blast. The lead singer introduced the next song, and it wasn't one I really liked, so I kinda sat back and zoned out for a bit, but then I looked up and what did I see? Mayson up dancing and singing along with the song! He was so into it that I couldn't help but get up and dance with them all. The song was "Out of the Woods," and damned if I don't just love that song now. Every time I hear it I think of Mayson dancing and I can't help but love it right along with him.

One of my favorite songs is "Faithfully" by Journey, and my favorite line in the song is when he sings "And being apart ain't easy on this love affair Two strangers learn to fall in love again I get the joy of rediscovering you Oh, girl, you stand by me I'm forever yours Faithfully" and one of my favorite moments of hearing that song was when they covered the song on Glee, because I forgot how much I love that song until I got to hear it again from someone else who was just discovering how great the song is. And I feel blessed, because I get the joy of rediscovering that song again and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment