Monday, July 25, 2011

Insidious



This movie gave me about five heart attacks and a few images that will stick with me and probably pop up whenever I try to go to sleep for the next 30 years. great. The only downfall of this movie was the two techs who helped investigate the paranormal happenings with the psychic woman, Elise. I think these guys were supposed to be "comic relief" but like most comic relief when it's shoehorned into a movie where it doesn't fit, they were annoying instead of funny. I got over it, though, since everything else about this movie was good. It reminded me of other movies and horror stories (Stephen King's novella "The Sun Dog," the movie "Poltergeist," the movie "Wes Craven's A New Nightmare") but not in a bad way, more like they were reminiscent of things that had used similar themes in the past, but it definitely put a new spin on the "haunting" subgenre. In fact, I had managed to forget about "The Sun Dog" and how it scared me so badly I never wanted to take pictures again, so thanks a lot for reminding me and making me afraid of my camera again, "Insidious."

All in all, highly recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment