Tuesday, June 8, 2010

District 9



This movie is bleak and dark, and it's gritty and sad, and honestly, it's a very good movie, but it's another one of those movies that laments about why we shouldn't trust the government or the media, and I already know that, so movies like this hit me harder than they would otherwise. It's also a movie where I start out not liking the main character and end the movie really liking the main character and being sad for him. There are a few huge plot holes that piss me off because they could have been easily avoided, and those made me stabby with rage, but the movie is so good it overcomes that (which usually isn't the case for me...I watch hundreds of movies a year; I don't have time for bullshit). This movie is worth watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment