Monday, October 31, 2016

2016 October Horror Challenge #98: "Splinter (2009)"


I like this movie poster, even though it kind of rips off the one for the Hills Have Eyes remake. This movie has been lurking around my subconscious for awhile, but I never got around to seeing it until today. It's about a parasite that takes over people's bodies and uses them as a host for splinters that grow out if their skin. Ew ew eeeeww! Disgusting, right? And it's real, or there actually is a parasite like this that exists, though it might not be exactly like it's pictured in this movie.

So someone please explain to me why were still stopping for hitchhikers? Like, seriously? I'm a kind person and I give to charity and all, but I'm not stopping for your ass in the middle of nowhere and getting murdered for my trouble. It's not happening. I like the two people dating who try to go camping but fail to put up a tent. They're dippy but cute. I'm not a huge fan of the criminals they meet on the road ( and like I said, huge fan of not stopping for hitchhikers in the first damn place) but it helped me enjoy the movie more by having characters I actually like.

The whole idea behind the movie skeeves me out majorly. Ugh, parasites growing under my skin, puke puke puke. No thank you. Things like that are scarier than monsters to me, because how do you fight against something that gets under your skin and takes over your body? Plus I feel bad for the people who have to see someone they know taken over by that thing. The acting is really good, so I actually get drawn into the story instead of wondering how these people got hired. This movie was a sick little treat, and I'm glad I checked it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment